Stand Up And Be Counted For Political Rights
- Registered to vote from 16 years and over.
- Vote on election day, if 18 years and older.
- Vote for a party and member you know.
- More visible policemen/policewomen on the beat.
- Better salaries and more improved working conditions for police officers.
- More patrol vehicles.
- Increased resources for Community Police Forums.
- Reinstatement of the death penalty for serious offenders including rapists and murderers.
- Transform laws to favor victims more than criminals.
- Fast track transformation of the Justice System.
- Motion for standalone Rape Law in SA
Stand Up And All Be Counted In Our Fight For MORE JOBS For ALL
- Support any initiative to create real jobs within the next five years, thereby reducing unemployment, poverty and crime
- Minority communities of South African origin must be beneficiaries of job creation initiatives
- Minorities must not be sidelined through unfair application of affirmative action policies.
Stand Up And Be Counted For Our Fight For BETTER EDUCATION For ALL
- Affordable school fees through increased subsidies
- Employ more teachers to reduce pupil: teacher ratio
- Improve school conditions to create a conducive environment to enhance the quality of education
- Provision must be made for schools to cater for children with disabilities
- Empower School Governing Bodies to strengthen community relations
- Abolish schools classification/ questionnaire system
- Tertiary education must be accessible to all, more FET’s
- Government bursaries for needy students must not be race based
- Introduce school nutrition to all schools
- Funding must be provided to ECD (Early Childhood Development) programs and facilities in communities
- Race based quotas for tertiary institutions must be scrapped.
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight For Protection And Promotion Of Language, Religion And Culture
- Ensure, through legislation, that all South Africans, irrespective of race, sex or creed, are able to practice and promote their religion and cultural tradition freely
- Land must be made available for place of worship
- Provision must be made to ensure that eastern languages of minorities are taught at schools where the need exists
- Language teachers must be permanently employed like all other teachers.
- Coastal space must be allocated for sea worship.
- Religious holidays must be accommodated.
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight To Improve Social Grants And Pension For All
- Pension and grant applications must be speedily processed
- Increase social grant limit in keeping in with the inflation – R2000 – for 2014
- The Child Support Grant must be extended, up to 18 years of age
- Pensioners and grantees living below the breadline, irrespective of where they live, should enjoy free basic services
- The means test should be revised, to include women married in COP
- All pensioners should qualify for their pension in respect of their spouse’s income.
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight For HOUSING For All
- Backlog must be addressed through the provision of more middle income housing
- Immediate creation of a database of all home seekers and fresh housing lists
- Increase housing subsidies
- Increase access to home loans
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight For A Healthy ENVIRONMENT
- Good environmental governance, information system and compliance monitoring and enforcement of various legislation and regulation will lead to sustainable utilisation and protection
- MF believes in the “Polluter pays principle, rights of access to information and environmental justice for the people
- Industries need to clean up their technology and follow the precautionary principles w.r.t Air Quality
- People must be educated about the environment to make empowered decisions as role players.
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- HIV/Aids must be made a notifiable disease
- KAB theory: knowledge to change attitude which will change behavior is the key to eradicate this scourge
- One stop – crises centres to be set up in all hospitals to counsel victims of rape, affected and infected persons
- Train more people for home-based care
- Design a hospice model of care
- Invest more money in research locally to find a vaccine to cure HIV/AIDS.
- Give more scholarships to study TB & HIV/AIDS
Stand Up And Be Counted In Our Fight Against POVERTY
- We must change institutions and policies to eradicate poverty
- We need to prioritise key issues and do preventative, performance based budgetary
- Set up a well-coordinated, multi sectoral, socio-economic integration policy (social cohesion)
- We need to utilise indigenous, cost effective knowledge, especially rurally
- Urban poverty needs specific poverty reduction efforts e.g. job creation – setting up institutional mechanisms for poverty eradication programs.
- Reduce the gap between the rich and poor
- Do not adversely include people in the economy.
Stand Up And Be Counted By Fighting Unfair AFFIRMATIVE Implementation
- Black is a generic term and in the constitution it refers to African, Coloured and Indian
- Sunset clause of 2014 must be implemented.
- AA must be scrapped or in the least suspended for the next 10 years to achieve NDP 2030.
Stand up and be counted in our fight to protect MINORITY RIGHTS
- Ensure that no minority groups with roots in South Africa should be marginalised or sidelined through any policy of government
- Ensure that minority rights, as enshrined in the country’s constitution is protected
- Ensure the establishment for a minority affairs ministry
- Ensure the establishment of a Minority’s Commission.
Stand Up And Be Counted For ECONOMIC RIGHTS
- BBBEEE must be implemented as per sound SCM principals
- Indians are classified black as per constitution
- Fight against unfair quotas at university, affirmative action implementation with all economic development programs and policies which side line minorities.
Last updated 16 September 2014