- The MF supports the Land Tenure Rights Amendment Bill 2020.
- It’s taken 30 years, three decades for this progressive bill on ownership of rights of immovable property. The MF welcomes that the House of Traditional Leaders participated in the process.
- This bill is an example of unlocking the mystery of capital and during the many public hearings we heard the cries of our people living on Traditional Land. This bill, not only gives our people legal rights but real and personal rights as per the Bill of Rights in our Constitution hence assisting masses of ordinary people and the Judiciary in decision-making. This Amendment bill is progressive in terms of better regulation making to prevent contested cases that gave rise to these Amendments.
- One more Amendment further to women would be to include the term gender neutral, rather than men and women as this would include persons’ of all sexual orientations to benefit from these Amendments, as was expressed at the LGBTQI symposium on Friday.
- The MF supports this bill.
- Thank you.
Hon. S. Thakur-Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Tue 13 Apr 2021
Word Count: 177 Words