- Hon. Speaker, The Minority Front agrees with, the amendments to this act, to promote Traditional & Khoisan Leadership in South Africa. I have met some of their leaders, so desperate to be included in mainstream society, that they registered a political party.
- However Hon. Members there is recognised need for all traditional leaders to be empowered legislatively as the authority and custodians of customary traditional affairs and be enabled to practise as such. This would eradicate bogus cults which are mushrooming in South Africa.
- Traditional Leaders salaries require further debate which is putting taxpayers and our government into further debt.
- The Minority Front agrees that there is a need to make provision for the recognition of the Indigenous Khoisan, but also I believe in all Minority communities our ethnic traditional leaders should be recognized and paid for fairness.
- The Minority Front supports the Traditional and Khoisan Leadership Bill.
- Thank youHON.S. Thakur- Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Tue 13 Nov 2018
Time: 09:30 to 10:00
Word Count: 0 Words