- Hon. members, we miss all Hon. Members, those who retired and the new members who have passed on due to this pandemic.
- My former colleagues Hon. Deputy Speaker Hadebe and Chair of Conservation, Hon. Ludidi were perfect examples of the people’s voice in this Hon. House for years.
- Hon. Hadebe transformed from a warlord to a peacemaker, a strong- reminder of how this Hon. House cam transform a member from one end of a spectrum to the other. He was also passionate about ECD in Social Development and members studies at Wits and UJ.
- Hon. Ludidi was passionate about landfills and EPWP and I enjoyed her enthusiasm in our portfolio committee work. Similarly, Hon. Dlamini was a kind and gentle lady who had left us to serve at National. These were stalwarts who brought government closer to our people.
- Hon. Speaker, other Hon. members have passed on as sitting members and COVID conditions had separated members before we could get to know one another, however these members were well known in their previous levels of government.
- The Minority Front wishes their families strength in these trying times. May their souls RIP.
- Finally, Hon. Speaker, can we as members be informed when we will be vaccinated as our work does require us to do fieldwork.
- Thank you.
Hon. S. Thakur-Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thu 25 Mar 2021
Time: 10:00 to 15:00
Word Count: 217 Words