- MEC, I appreciate your positive report on local matters. The Minority Front however, calls for an investigation into the electricity and water bills of the Msunduzi residents. HON.MEC, this situation is dire notwithstanding you have stated in your speech that Msunduzi has reached universal access.
- There is a lot of water and electricity theft. The contractors employed carry out poor workmanship, leaving residents helpless.
- Some senior staff members and I have dealt with them, are highly incompetent and are not able to perform their designated roles, leaving complaints to be further escalate.
- Hon Speaker, sooner or later no one will want to invest in the City of Choice where infrastructure is unreliable. Furthermore, very few staff is responsible enough, to complete tasks with response to queries.
- Hon Speaker, and MEC, the MF requests that management intervention must occur with a better succession plan in place to train senior managers and present to this HON House. Problems, such as, ageing infrastructure, unavailability of vehicles, staff shortages and insufficient budget allocations, needs to be resolved.
- Msunduzi Municipality staff needs to be trained in Batho Pele and Back to basics, HON.MEC.
- On a positive note, the City has become cleaner but the billing IT system need to be more accountable and efficient staff are required to really turn the city around.
HON. S. Thakur-Rajbansi
Debated by: Hon. Shameen Thakur-Rajbansi
Minority Front Leader (KZN Legislature)
Date: Thu 3 May 2018
Time: 12:40 to 14:10