Yoga Postures For Pregnant Women
Yoga Postures for Pregnant Women
Yoga: It is this ancient form of exercise that has contributed in the holistic living of individuals in the most natural and trusted way since years. Yoga is like a spiritual route to a relaxed mind and healthy body.
Some important reminders/safety measures:
- Mothers with condition of asthma can try the above mentioned asanas but shouldn’t hold or suspend breath during the practice of pranayams/asanas.
- On the basis of pregnancy trimesters there are certain exercises that cannot be carried throughout all pregnancy months. Konasana (angle pose) for instance should not be continued post seven months of pregnancy. Once the mother feels uncomfortable doing an asana, it is advisable to stop immediately without further straining the muscles.
- Avoid forward bending asanas (strong back bends, such as the boat pose), inverted poses and exercises that might put pressure on the abdomen. Asanas that require lying down on the weight of your stomach should be strictly avoided.
- Exercises involving balance should be done with utmost care.
- Please avoid hurrying into weight-loss exercise regime immediately after delivery. Post-natal yoga (post six weeks after birth) and exercises should be practiced only when the mother’s body is fully ready and relaxed.
- Simple stretching exercises encourage circulation, help fluid retention, and relieve stress.
- If mothers feel pain or nausea doing any of the exercises, then they should stop immediately and consult doctor.